Installation guide for SX Industrial valves
SX industrial valves
- Assemble: Loosely insert the through bolt into the valve body. Assembled correctly, the bolt head will be on the same side as the control lever and spin freely. I applicable place the blue fiber gasket onto the adapter so it will sit flat between the oil pan and the adapter once installed.
- Prepare: Remove drain plug from oil pan. Drain old oil. Clean drain port area before installation.
- Hand tighten : If applicable insert the adapter threads into the oil pan. Hand-tighten the adapter as much as possible. If using a torque wrench, follow our torque specs. Thread assembled valve into the adapter or oil drain port by hand. Do not cross-thread. Rotate valve to desired final position before tightening completely.
- Fully Tighten: Tighten through bolt with a wrench or hex key ⅛ to ¼ turn past hand tight, or tighten to the value shown on the torque chart for your valve model. Do not over tighten.
- Close and Fill up:
- Close the the valve by firmly turning the control lever counterclockwise until it stops and is parallel to the oil outlet. The lever will click into the recess and lock in position.
- Install a lever clip (optional) and refill with new oil.
- To open the valve, remove the lever clip if installed then lift the lever and turn it.
- To close the valve, For Standard valves turn the lever firmly until it stops and is perpendicular to the oil outlet. For SX type valves turn the lever firmly until it stops and is parallel to the oil outlet. The lever will click into the recess and lock in position. You should not be able to rotate the lever without first lifting upward. Reinstall the lever clip around the turret of the valve. If the lever is not seated properly, the lever clip will not fit.
- Check the oil pan for leaks before operating your vehicle.
- Drive carefully at all times, and if you run over any foreign object on the road pull over and inspect the valve for any damage or leak.
0 out of 0 found this helpful.